- May 12, 2022
- By wpadmin
Who issues Seaman's Book?
The Shipping Master issues it on Government-approved Form No. 20 in accordance with Sections 120-138 of the Merchant Shipping Ordinance, 2001.
What details are given in the Seaman’s Service Record or Book?
- Name of the seafarer with a recent passport size photograph,
- Date of birth (DOB) and place of birth,
- Age, gender, nationality and address,
- Identification marks,
- Service Book identification number,
- Issuing authority’s name and rank,
- Date of issue and expiry.
The book also contains information about the seafarer’s employment history. This information contains the name of the employer, the rank of the employee, the date of discharge, and the reason for discharge. It includes trip summaries, promotion records, visa endorsements, official notices, and vessel skill sets, among other facts regarding their careers.
Want to learn more?
For any queries related Seaman's Book, Kindly fill this Form for quick service.