Panama Seaman Book
Otho’s are a relentless hard working team, very open in communication and result oriented. The consultants have a very good network in the shipping industry.
Otho Global helped us in the processing of seaman books for our crew on an urgent basis and delivered in just one day as promised. The consultant was a great listener and had a keen eye for the requirement of KSA visa procedures.
The team at Otho Global were fantastic throughout every stage of the process. They made sure that I was always aware of the progress and kept updated throughout, and combined with their knowledge of the maritime sector, meant that the experience was of working with people who understood the market place and cared about both the people and the requirements rather than just trying to fill a role. I would certainly work with them again in the future.
Ezhil – Maritime Executive Maritime Executive
A Guide to Panama Ship Registry
Panama was recognized by the United States on November 6, 1903, after Panama declared its independence from Colombia. Panama had riots against the Colombian government, declared an independent Republic of Panama On November 3, 1903.
The Republic of Panama is the country in Central America and South America, bordered by Costa Rica to the west, the Caribbean Sea to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the south.
The Panama Ship Registry has its origins in the year 1917. Panama has the largest vessel registry in the world. The Panama Ship Register is the world’s first registry. The procedure to register ships with the Panamanian flag is very simple and expeditious. The request for provisional registration can be made through the Consulate General of Panama in Marseille.
The Panama administration of the registry is the largest in the world, followed by Liberia, the Marshall Islands, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Panama registry also provides Panama CDC seaman book after the successful completion of STCW certification. Panama offers crew officers navigational training which is authorized by the International Maritime Organization (OMI).
Panama location and history
The location of Panama is controlled the Panama Canal which connects the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea to the North of the Pacific Ocean.
This location on the Isthmus of Panama is strategic. By 2000, Panama’s total area is 74,177.3 km2, 28,640.0 sq mi. Panama Canal which connects the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea to the North of the Pacific.
For the next 82 years, Panama attempted unsuccessfully to break away from Colombia. Between 1850 and 1900 Panama had 40 administrations, 50 riots, 5 attempted secessions, and 13 U.S. interventions. After a U.S. proposal for canal rights over the narrow isthmus was rejected by Colombia, Panama proclaimed its independence with U.S. backing in 1903.
The country’s international boundaries, with Colombia and Costa Rica, have been clearly demarcated, and in the late 1980s, there were no outstanding disputes. The country claims the seabed of the continental shelf, Panama to extend to the 500 meter submarine contour. In addition, a 1958 law asserts jurisdiction over 12 nautical miles from the coastlines, and in the year 1968 the government announced a claim to nautical mile of 200 in an Economic Zone.
About Panama International Ship Registry
Panama ship registry has become one of the fastest growing registries. We have come farway to maintain our excellency.
Our work time and management provides registering for vessels and selecting a resourced force and everything has its digital support.
Panama International Ship Registry and our goals are aiming high through prioirty service’s and quality commitment. If your wondering why I need to register my sea vessel under the flag of Panama and not any other?
We at Panama International Ship Registry provide the real business benifits and the operation to fit the cost effective services to our clients.
We offer a service including the CDC – Continuous Discharge Certificate, RCOP – Recognition of a certificate of proficiency. our fees are affordable and We have the calculations ready, No hidden charges. Easy digital payments. we offer the best to our clients.
Why should you trust PISR?
- The Registry is recognized to the world over due to the ability to quickly access information on vessels already registered e.g. owner, tonnage, value, etc.
- High level of experience and credibility with an excellent service and legal advice.
- Panama law firm, there are more than 20 immigration residency visas making relocation to Panama an economically viable option.
- Panama has an immigration visa which is unique by granting a fast track permanent residency for citizens from 48 countries considered “Friendly”.
- Our Panama lawyers are directly registered with the Panama Public Registry and can set up entities faster than most other providers.
- We have ongoing associations with English speaking Panama Certified Public Accountants (Panama CPA) and Panama Tax Attorneys and law firm.
- Focusing on continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and Handling visitors 24/7 at first step using custom built chatbots.
- Customer registration Services, includes Panama Ship registry and Panama (COC) - Certificate of Competency. (COE) - Certificate of Endorsement.
Panama Flag State Documentation
Panama CDC is a seaman book which is received for completion for certification courses for Panama CDC. There are following categories for crew:
- COE with CDC ( Officers )
- CDC ( Ratings )
- GMDSS Endorsement
- SSO Endorsement
- STSDSD Endorsement
- Watch Keeping with Endorsement
- Oil / Chemical / Gas Tanker Endorsement
- Ship's Cook with Endorsement
- COC RENEWAL
To avail this Panama CDC, clients have to present important documents required for the process. These documents include:
- Original Application form.
3. 6 – 3×3 cm color passport photo.
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Regulation I/9) – Download
- Medical Examination Form.
- Required certifications and licenses depending on title.
- Course completed on personal survival techniques with certification proof.
- Prevention and basic firefighting skills.
- Basic first aid on the elementary level and personal safety and social responsibility certifications.
Qualification for ship registry:
You can register your vessel under our Panama flag and the specific requirements you need is to ease the work for smoother execution. we shall give out information associated with ship owners, ship managers, operators and charters, lending institutions.
As per the panama maritime law, the new legislation also grants incentives to individuals that register fleets, depending on gross tonnage, and vessel type.
The Panama Merchant Shipping Law (Law 57 of 6 August 2008) eased administrative and legal procedures. Panama Maritime Authority has adopted IMO Resolution MEPC.278(70) and provided guidance and instructions to ensure correct implementation of IMO Data Collection System.
Who can be an eligible owner?
Any foreign citizen can register the ship under Panama but has to be a qualified person. It can also be a foreign corporation and companies that are well established in any foreign jurisdiction under the laws of the jurisdiction. This service extends to Panama citizens and corporations without condition as well.
The vessels for registration is only by a qualified person, as mentioned above, and the vessel should be at least 14.3 meters length overall (LOA) is 366 meters and her width is 51 meters. Vessels are mostly over 20 years old are not eligible for registration unless a surveyor first inspects them.
As per the surveyor’s discretion, the ship registry administrator may waive the 20 years age restriction and the minimum length restriction and document or redocument as a vessel.
Panama ship registry has a name of its own and trusted by numerous people around the world. The dedicated customer service and high quality is provided by outstanding results due to their skills and experiences, at Panama ship registry and you can enjoy maritime benefits at the best offers and price like none other.