What is Panama Seaman Book and Why You Need It?
When cruising through Panama, you’ll notice that all ships have to carry the Panama Seaman’s Book and CDC (Certificate of Discharge).
When you first see this book, you might wonder why, but after learning the reasons behind it, you’ll be glad to have it aboard your ship. This article will explain what the Panama Seaman’s Book and CDC are, why they’re necessary, and how they work with all ships operating in Panama waters.
About Panama Seaman Book
The best thing about working in Panama, a country located between Central America and South America, is that you don’t need a work permit to have a job. However, all foreigners must register their residence with Migration before starting to live in Panama.
The registration process for new residents includes several documents, such as medical check-ups and certificates of good conduct from their countries of origin. One of these required documents is called Panama Seaman’s Book.
This document is issued by Panama Maritime Authority and its main purpose is to protect Panamanian workers against illegal employment practices. If you want to work legally in Panama, it is mandatory to get your own copy of Seaman’s Book at any time when you are staying in Panama. In fact, if an employer hires a foreigner without seeing his or her Seaman’s Book first, he or she will be subject to fines and even imprisonment! If you are going to stay in Panama for more than 30 days, it is recommended that you apply for your book at least one month prior to your arrival date.
What is Panama Ship Registry?
If you want to start a business in Panama, shipping company may be your best option. There are many benefits of registering a ship under Panama flag including: No tax on income, 100% foreign ownership allowed, No requirement for board meetings/minutes or financial statements, no requirements to have Panamanian shareholders or directors of companies.
In addition to that there are no restrictions on hiring crew and officers from any countries. Panama Flag ships can travel freely between all ports around the world without having to obtain visas for crew members. The registration fees are reasonable compared with other flags of convenience, low annual tonnage taxes, no special taxes on real estate owned by a company or individuals.
Panama has the world’s biggest register administration, followed by Liberia, the Marshall Islands, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
What Our Services Offer:
- Panama (Panamian) Seaman Book or Panama CDC book is authorized French seafarers, crew, workers, and officials permission to work aboard Panamanian-flagged vessels.
- Our service offers to provide Panama CDC seaman book after the successful completion of STCW certification.
- We offer crew officers navigational training which is authorized by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
What is Panama International Ship Registry (PISR)?
Panama Seaman’s book is more commonly known as a Seafarer’s Identification document, issued by The General Administration of Maritime Affairs (AGADEMAR) which since 1929 has been in charge of compiling information related to ships that are flying under Panamanian flag.
AGADEMAR itself uses two types of books for identification purposes: Seafarers Identification (SID) Service Record (SR) Both these books are required for those who want to work on board Panamian registered vessels. The Seaman’s Identification Card (Carnet de Mariner), also called Seafarer’s ID or Seafarer’s Document, is an official identity document that certifies the identity of seafarers from Panama, and allows them to travel on board foreign flagged vessels outside their home country.
- PISR is the fastest growing registries, recognized to the world over due to the ability to quickly access information on vessels already registered e.g. owner, tonnage, value, etc.
- PSR sincerely, stands for committed to the world of maritime services and dedicated to our clients. Panama for example, offers the advantages of easier registration often online.
What Our Services Offer:
- Our service, work time and management include registering for ships and deciding on a resourced force, all of which is supported by digitally.
- At Panama International Ship Registry, we deliver actual business benefits and operate in such a way that our clients receive cost-effective services.
- We provide CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate) and RCOP (Recognition of a Certificate of Proficiency) services. Our rates are affordable, and we have the calculations prepared. There are no hidden costs. Digital payments are simple to make. We provide the greatest service to our clients.
- We work with English-speaking Panama Certified Public Accountants (Panama CPAs) and Panama Tax Attorneys and law firms on a regular basis.
- Customer registration Services, includes Panama Ship registry and Panama Certificate of Competency (COC) and Certificate of Endorsement (COE).
What are the benefits of Panama Seaman Book?
- Having a Panama Marine License or Seaman book is the greatest way for graduate maritime students to get their first employment, as well as for officials and other mariners seeking to advance their careers in the marine industry.
- Panama has the world’s largest number of registered ships.
- The Panamanian Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) is one of the requirements that foreign seafarers must meet in order to be eligible to operate onboard Panamanian flagged ships, which is the world’s biggest registry.
- Competency and career growth options are also offered to ship’s ratings who aspire to become officers on the Panama-flagged vessel.
- Panama, as one of the world’s maritime powers, offers a lot of chances in its fast growing merchant marine industry to highly-skilled and professional seafarers.
- First of all, your security will be guaranteed to foreign countries where you do business with.
- You will not be denied services in any way because of your PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK.
- Your passport will have more validity period than ordinary passports.
- Your rights as a seaman are protected by law when you have your own PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK.
- Your personal information is kept private from people who may want to use it for illegal purposes or personal gain.
- If you happen to lose your passport while on board, there is no need for worry as long as you have your own PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK.
- The PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK gives you access to free medical treatment in case of an emergency.
- The PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK protects you from being kidnapped or held hostage if taken prisoner during war time.
- You cannot be detained without cause if your passport has been verified and stamped with a valid PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK.
- A certified copy of your PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK will be accepted anywhere else in the world as proof of identity and citizenship , which makes traveling easier.
- Having a PANAMA SEAMAN BOOK means that you have one less thing to worry about while out at sea.
What are the documents required for availing Panama Seaman Book?
Panama CDC is a seaman book which is received after completion for certification courses.
A Panama Seaman Book can be issued by following categories:
- COE with CDC ( Officers )
- CDC ( Ratings )
- GMDSS Endorsement
- SSO Endorsement
- STSDSD Endorsement
- Watch Keeping with Endorsement
- Oil / Chemical / Gas Tanker Endorsement
- Ship’s Cook with Endorsement
- COC RENEWAL
Getting your Panama Seaman’s book is a mandatory requirement when you are looking to start working on a merchant ship. This book helps verify your credentials as a seafarers. While obtaining one can be an arduous process, keep in mind that it’s important to stay up-to-date with your credentials as a seafarers.
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide for obtaining a Seaman’s book in Panama, then look no further. This is all you need to know to obtain one. Once you have it, go ahead and see what services are offered by Otho Global Services.
Seaman Book/CDC is issued in 20 days, and is valid for five years.
We are a certified Seafarer agency that processes Panama CDC all over the world.
PROCESSING TIME – 20 Days
Note: Offer For Unlimited Time
For Complete Package of STCW with CDC Contact Us